Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waiting For the Last Round

Over all, Josh has had a good week. We rescheduled his doctors appointment to today because of snow. He has been feeling stronger, and his appetite is back.


Ilene left early this morning with Josh and Sarah and headed for Amarillo. Josh had his echo cardiogram which showed that his heart function is still a little diminished. They will keep him on his heart medication and change his potassium medication. Everything else looked okay, but it took them all day to get the results back from the lab on his CBC's (blood counts).


After waiting most of the day in Amarillo, Ilene found out that he doesn't need a transfusion, but his ANC's (absolute neutrophil count) is still to low to start chemo. They will have us come back in on Monday to do a bone marrow biopsy to see if they can tell why his counts aren't coming back. If his ANC's have improved enough by then, they will start chemo.


We are again reminded that life does not function on our time schedule. Every once in  while the hour glass gets tipped over and we have to wait. Each day our prayers are the same. "Father, protect Josh from infection and heal him". And each day we wait and watch for his answer. We wait longingly for his mercy.
In Psalm 143 the psalmist expresses well the way we feel.


6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.
      I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.                 

 7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
      for my depression deepens.
   Don’t turn away from me,
      or I will die.
 8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
   Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
 9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
      I run to you to hide me.
 10 Teach me to do your will,
      for you are my God.
   May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
      on a firm footing.



It seems like we are so close to being done with the chemotherapy and the long stays in the hospital. Our hope is in the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment