Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday

Josh had a good evening yesterday, although he ran a fever at around 8pm he was without a fever through the night. His appetite came back and he ate a later dinner and started working on a blog (which I will have him finish up today).

They were concerned about his urine output so they did a sonogram on his kidneys. They said his kidneys look fine, except that they are a little inflamed from all of the medication they have given him.

Unfortunately, he ran a fever again this morning, so D. Turner is going to chart his fevers to see if they may be a reaction to the antibiotics they are giving him. At this point, they want to see 48 hours with out a fever before they will let us out.

Our Youth Pastor, Kurtis came by  and video taped Josh's testimony. Kurtis asked him to come and speak to the youth, but we didn't think he would be able to do that anytime soon, so we video taped him. Josh was very excited about doing it, so I will edit the video today and they will see about using it in the next week or so at youth.

Josh shared that what satan meant for evil, God has used for good. As difficult as this has been, walking every day in the shadow of death, we have seen God use it to open up peoples hearts to Him. There have been many times over the last two months that Josh has been able to share with people about how God has been faithful, how God has blessed him even in this terrible situation.

Keep us all in your prayers, we know that God has a plan, and His ways are not our ways. I will look for some video clips that I can use to post either on youtube or here on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. What a kid!
    I was just humming the oldie "His Eye is on the Sparrow"
    Love to all
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special message to Uncle Josh from Ethan Walton: I love you and I hope you get better from leukemia, and I hope your hair grows back. I am praying for you every day. I'm working on an Army picture of two tanks that I imagined. I also saw a tarantula and a black widow. I caught the tarantula and it is in Allie's room right now. That's pretty much all, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete