Sunday, September 25, 2011

Josh Is Home

On Friday, We took Josh off of the IV antibiotics and his fever stayed down, so Saturday evening we were discharged from the hospital. Soon after he got home, he wanted a steak, so I went out to the local steak house and got him one.

It is good to see his appetite back. The nights at home are more restful with out interruptions for vitals and blood tests. It is nice just to be together as a family at home.

We are waiting to hear when we go back to Houston. We were scheduled to go back on September 28th, but we are hoping they will reschedule and give us a few more days at home.

I received word this morning that my dad's sister, my aunt Marge, went home to be with the Lord early thing morning. She had heart surgery a few weeks ago and never fully recovered. Please keep the family in your prayers, they live on the east coast in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the Josh was able to go home. So glad I was able to be there and working while he was there. Hope you guys are able to enjoy your days at home before you head to Houston again. My prayers are with you all daily. Praying for your extended family on the east coast also. Jamie Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO EXCITED you got to go home!!!!!!! What a blessing!
    Josh--I have to tell you I was coveting that hat your sister gave you (and have been repenting about that). My kids went to a concert over the weekend and came back with 2 of them!!!! Now I don't have to con you out of yours;-)
    Being an old person, I didn't recognize most of the performers at the concert (it ran Friday night and all day Saturday), but some of them were Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch, Jamie Grace, Family Force 5 and then Toby Mac closed out the night.
    Praying you can stay home for a week.
    Love
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete