Friday, September 2, 2011

Life in MD Anderson

Hello everybody! This is Josh!

I know I haven't done a post in like forever so I thought I would do one today though the day is almost over! So anyways, life here in MD Anderson has been pretty mellow so far. Of course there are the hourly vital checks and the early morning blood draws but for the most part this round of treatment has been a whole lot easier than last months treatment. My treatment is set for 8 days, 3 of which are KO'd! So I'm very excited to be almost halfway done!

Today was my official first day of school! It was a good first start and is my first time with Biology as a subject! I wish it were much easier but I guess I cant have all the classes I wanted this year! I also started my algebra refresher and have a teaching liaison, which is good because math has never been my strong suit.

So school went well and tonight I had another fun night with Leah Green, Parker Green's sister, and we had another Monk marathon! If you don't know who Monk is it was a show on USA that ran for 8 seasons. It is about a Homicide Detective who is Hyper Observant-noticing things that others don't- who suffers from O.C.D. The show is great, full of amazing and mind boggling mysteries along with classic comedic moments strewn through out! I highly recommend this show!

So anyway, I wanted to let you know that another hat contest is coming up soon! And I believe another Schwinky adventure is due sometime soon! So we have some very fun things to look forward to! Also I think we have a way to put some of the videos we took of me coming out of anesthesia. I must say though that it was entirely the anesthesia and if i could have helped it, it would not have happened. But unfortunately...I have no control over that.

Anyway, I've decided, or realized rather, that when I do a blog I enjoy being able to put my thoughts into words and lately my thoughts have been revolving around music. Around here we have a music therapist who helps patients pick music that rejuvenates them. SO what I have decided is each time I hear a song that helps me through the day I will post the Artist and song title on the blog so you can enjoy the beats with me!

One song that has been really on my mind lately is a song by a great Christian artist!

Made To Love by TobyMac! This song has helped me through the hard times and keeps my spirits up during the good times! It reminds me of God's grace and the love He has for all of us!

Thank you all for your prayers!
God Bless!
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how excited I am about seeing these anesthesia videos?!? =) I watched my middle daughter on some Dorvecet(Sp?)....HILARIOUS! What can I say, I have a twisted sense of humor! Glad your half way done with this round. Pfff..cancer, schmancer!

    The Swain Herd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I know my son Thomas will be happy to see your picture wearing the A&M hat. But, I am sure that your favorite is the UT hat, and I knw it will be a strong contender if it is in your next hat contest!

    Only four more days!

    The Allens

    ReplyDelete