Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Thing are quiet and slow here in Houston today. Josh has had a pretty good weekend. He was a little tired on Saturday and his blood counts were low on Sunday. They gave him 2 units of blood late in the morning and by later in the day he was doing good.

He has not had much of an appetite so finding something that he will eat to keep his energy up has been a challenge. He has not had any major side effects from the chemo. He has finished more than half of his treatments and we should finish up the last treatments on Thursday morning.

If everything goes well, they could release us as early as Friday to head home.

One of the challenges that we face everyday is that we don't know what tomorrow brings. Ilene and I are used to planning in advance. We try to calendar things months in advance. For the last 6 or 7 weeks, we have been unable to make commitments beyond a few days.

This morning as I read my devotions, I was reminded of one of my favorite verses from Psalms 119.

105 Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.

When we don't know what tomorrow brings, we need a light for our path. I know that even when I don't have control over what will happen tomorrow, God will both take care of me and give me what I need each day.

Thank you for your continued prayer. We know that God is doing a work in our lives and we pray that He is changing your lives.

1 comment:

  1. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

    Praying!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete