Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beads of Courage



Hello everyone! This is Josh! I apologize for posting this so late but I thought I'd quickly tell you what is going on!

So today was my second day of Chemotherapy and so far I have not felt any of the side effects! So any way I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and good wishes! I truly believe that your prayers have made my treatments easier!


Ok, so anyways Mom was good enough to take pictures of my bag of chemo today but it looks more like kool-aid! She took some pictures of my nurse, whose name is Sarah, administering it to me early this morning! (I'm sure you can tell that by the look on my face)




So now I will explain the Beads of Courage foundation. The foundation was set up for cancer patients as a motivational tool! Each of the beads stand for something:

Black stands for how many times I have been poked since my hospitalization.

White stands for each different treatment.

Light green is for X-rays, EKG's, and ECHO's etc.

Sadly there are so many different beads I can't list them all but the picture at the top should show you what all has happened so far. It is a wonderful foundation and I know I have had fun with it!

So we had a very nice visit today from Brad and Suzanne, (I hope I spelled her name right) Holmes! They are doing well so thank you to them for spending that time with me! It was very nice to see them again!

Thank you all again for your prayers!
Love from me and my family!
Josh



1 comment:

  1. I like the beads!! We need to find just the right beanie to go with it.

    ReplyDelete