Monday, July 25, 2011

First day with chemo


Hello everyone! This is Josh!

Today was technically the first day of my Chemo which has not been that bad! This morning around 10:30 is or so they wheeled me down to the 3rd floor from the 10th floor to the anesthesia ward. It was really cool! I got a plastic tube put in my nose for oxygen and an EKG tabs on my chest and a O2 sensor that they strapped to my finger! It was so weird. They told me I would start to feel tired and I remember that I was starting to feel like I was growing tired and the next thing I know I woke up in the recovery room!

I guess when I woke up I told the nurse, "There aren't any unicorns in The Wizard of Oz."

Anyway I am getting used to my room and am watching TV with mom dad and Sarah as Mom and Dad snack on some Mexican food! I had an IV put in yesterday and have to carry it around so I thought I'd give him a name: Herbie! Tomorrow I will be posting quite a few pictures if I am able!

So while I was asleep they put a PICC line, (A long tube that runs through my right arm all the way through my chest and rests on top of my heart) It isn't as bad as it sounds and I was asleep during the procedure so all is good! The doctors here are great and the nurses as well!

We had a wonderful visit from a Leah Green who is Parker Green's sister who is the one who brought mom and dad the mexican food! She was really nice and gave me a great get well card! I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can post some pics!



Just to remember God's goodness, here is what the view out of the window looks like.


Thank you guys all for your prayers and good wishes!
Josh

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great view! Thanks God. Praying for you and your family. I know this can seem like a crazy dream that you're going through sometimes, but you can rest in knowing that God is right there and none of this is a surprise to Him. We know He has a plan for your life. Tell your mom & dad I said hi. We're praying for you at HDC.

    Mary Grace

    ReplyDelete