Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello from Josh!


Hello everyone! This is Josh! First I'd like to thank you all for your prayers and visits! I appreciate it so much! I'm very thankful that I have such a great family and friends and fellow Christians!

I thought I would give everyone a little bit of information from my POV as to what hospital life has been like so far! Ok, so far being a patient, takes patience which is not one of my strong suits but is something I am going to have to get used to so that is a work in progress. My Nurses and Doctors have been absolutely amazing and have been very gracious and gentle and most importantly supportive.

When I was diagnosed with AML, which I cannot pronounce, my greatest fear was that I would no longer be able to do the things I enjoy most such as working with my dear friends the Duenez's, Rick and the office staff, as well as my friends and volleyball team. When the Doctor was describing (very scientifically) I was confused and did not understand. Then it hit me. I am a cancer patient now. I felt terrible. Like my whole world was turned upside down. I informed my family and friends and my cousin Katie made me realize that right now I am a Leukemia patient, but soon I will be a Leukemia survivor!

Since then I have maintained a mentality of, "everything will be OK." And it will be. Someday I will run that marathon for cancer survivors and at the end I'll know I've finished the race! I'm very much looking forward to that experience!

As far as everything else about the hospital and the life I'm living in it, it really isn't so terrible. It is a little hard to shower with an IV port in my arm but the most important thing is that I am getting well and I have so many people who are supportive both physically and spiritually! It really has made a difference! And I thank the Lord for Mrs. Turner for bringing me sushi! It was a wonderful blessing!

Today has been wonderful! My family from California left their homes at 3:00 AM to come visit me today! Seeing them was amazing! I will try to upload some pictures very soon so you all can see them! I have been very well taken care of and it is comforting to know that in this journey, I have people like you all behind me!

Thank you so much for your love towards me and my family!

God bless!

Josh

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Josh!! Your cousin sounds like a very smart girl. Keep listening to her! So glad you got to see your family. We are praying for you continually and we know that you are strong! We are thankful for this blog so we can keep up with you. It will be a good way for you to vent as well. Let us know if there is anything you need done here at home. Debbie Renshaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all here for you Josh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Survive & Conquer you will! Keep up the positive attitude. One of my classmates was diagnosed with acute leukemia the summer of my 8th grade year. She is know married with children and resides in California. (don't tell anyone but 8th grade was 21 years ago).
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Josh!:DD I have just found out about you and I have had you put on a World Wide Prayer Chain especially for patients with cancer!! Text me and keep me and tell me everythingy!

    God Bless!

    Jordan(:

    ReplyDelete