Thursday, July 28, 2011

Round Two

The other day Josh was flipping through channels (a novelty for us as we choose not to pay for cable) and he came across the WWF channel (World Wrestling Federation). We had a brief discussion about how it wasn't all real (sorry if that is a surprise to you).

Sometimes as we get ready to go into the next round, we listen for the bell to ring and think, okay, here we go again.

Today at 10am Josh will get his 2nd dose of chemo, and then his 2nd type of chemo. Later I will describe as best as possible what the next 9 days will look like in terms of therapy. Josh tolerated the chemo with out any noticeable side effects.

Using the roller-coaster analogy, it feels like we are on one of those flat places on the ride and we can't see around the corner to know if the next part is up, down or upside down. I am just thankful that God is at the controls and He won't let us crash or fall off.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Handsome, thank you for keeping everyone updated through these blogs. I feel like we have been able to stay connected with all those who we love so deeply and who love us. Somehow, through this blog, I feel like we are not isolated in a unknown place because our friends and family are walking with us. I know it takes a lot of time and emotion to write words and thoughts we do not even say for fear of them being true. I love you so much and could not walk this path without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers from the Renshaw family and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blogs, wish you were writing them from accross the street and they were about something else but, They are touching the lives of so many people you don't even know!! Love Love Love you all.....hugs and licks from the three kiddos.....they day hurry home.

    Selene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, that wrestling stuff might be pretend, but some of that stuff has got to hurt.. I'm showing my age but I used to watch Hulk Hogan..haha I know Josh, you've probably never heard of him.:)

    ReplyDelete