Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back Online

As Josh sleeps, we tend to go looking for the doctors to see what the next step is. Our short term goal is to get home for a bit before his next round of chemotherapy starts. A week ago when we thought we were headed home or tentative return date was for August 24th. At this point we are hoping that they will put that off for at least a week so that we can get home and catch our breath before round 2.

This morning as I was reading through Psalms 17 (one of my daily devotions habits is to read the Proverb that corresponds with the day of the month) I came across verse 22 where it says "a cheerful heart is good medicine", and it reminded me how important it is to keep our sense of humor even during this challenging time. In Philippians 4 :4 we read "rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again rejoice!"

The NIV includes an exclamation point. God wants us to rejoice, to rejoice in Him, to rejoice in what He is doing, to rejoice in spite of our circumstances. It isn't easy, and many times it feels close to impossible, but when I take my eyes off of my personal circumstances and quit complaining; then I remember what He has done and is doing and most of the time it brings a smile to my face or tears of joy to my heart.

One of the most frequent statements Ilene and I have made in the last month is how good God is. Sometimes on the worst days, when we can't seem to find any good news, God does something so amazing that we are humbled to the point of being embarrassed. Have you ever been showered with Gods blessings to the point that you are overwhelmed by His grace. So blessed by His love that you truly feel like the child of a king?

We have, right here in the middle of the worst circumstances that we have ever faced as a family. God has shown His faithfulness to us and we know, without a shadow of a doubt that He takes care of His children.

If you aren't one of His children, I would encourage you to seek Him out and let Him become the guardian of your soul, the purpose behind your life and the payer of your debt. Let Him heal your heart and change your life.

Thanks for your prayers.




2 comments:

  1. Love y'all and praying for you.
    Dwight

    ReplyDelete
  2. We e are thankful that you shared Sarah with us for awhile. Hopefully she had a good time. :) We'll keep you all in our prayers and hope you get to head home in the next day or two.
    Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete