Saturday, August 6, 2011

All Done With Chemo

Josh still had a fever this morning of about 101. They are giving him intravenous antibiotics and Tylenol for the fever.

By noon his temperature had gone down to normal. He has regained some of his strength and his hoping that his fever is gone. The doctor says that he needs to go 48 hours without a fever before they will discharge us, so that puts us to Monday. They will get the initial results back from the blood culture by then and know if there are any major infections that he is fighting off.

He had his last chemo treatment (for this go round) this morning and seems to have tolerated it well. He does have a sore throat, so they are treating him for potential sores in his throat (related to the chemo).

Our continued prayer is that he will get over the fever and they will discharge him to return to Dalhart.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I have been following your blog and will continue to pray for all of you. I was a missionary in the Philippines from 1977 to 2001 and now am serving in the Canadian home office of SEND. (This just gives some context!)

    May you sense the arms of our Lord enveloping you moment by moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of you guys daily and remembering you all in my prayers. Hoping and praying for a fever free night so you all might be able to come home. You are greatly missed. Love to you all!
    Jamie Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh. My name is Konna and I grew up in the Philippines with your dad...our parents were in the same mission. I have been following your dad's blog about your journey ever since your grandfather sent the info out to SEND people. Now, to come out of lurkdom to say HI and that I am praying for you and your family! I am very glad to hear that your fever went down and I pray that it will stay down so you can go back to Dalhart soon! Aren't Filipina nurses the best?! :) Say hi to your dad for me and how's Schwinky doing? Konna (Ball) Parker

    ReplyDelete