Monday, August 15, 2011

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope


Hello everybody! This is Josh!

So before I get too far I just wanted to say that I have always been a geek when it comes to movies, such as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and of course Star Wars! Ever since I was young I have collected figurines, cards, models etc. of these film series. I loved to show my friends, who also collected things, what new item(s) I just got. It was all very exciting but I grew out of it and now they bring smiles to my Nephew Ethan!

Today we received some encouraging news that was much like, "A New Hope" which is the inspiration for my title.

I went in for a CT Scan today and they did a nasal cavity and chest scan and found that I have "fuzzy nodules" growing on my lungs. It sounds worse than it actually is but with this new information they can send the anti-fungal medicine to a specific place rather than filling me with antibiotics. The Lord really takes care of us!

Also I would like to say just how much I appreciate everybody getting together on Sunday to help us as a family! We know we are not walking this path alone and we are grateful that we have such good friends in our Church body! The cards and the letters and care packages have just been so wonderful and are a blessing to have! Thank you for your prayers and your good wishes!

And the hat that won was the red beanie! Thanks everybody for playing along!

Thanks again!
Josh

5 comments:

  1. Josh, you are so funny, you make me laugh. I'm praying for you and your family throughout the day. I hope you get to come home soon so I can give you a hug. Take care.

    Alice White

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black baseball cap should have won. It makes you look like those studly Navy SEALS that have been in the news lately!

    God bless -
    Kim Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dittos to Kim . . . black baseball cap should have won. Continuing to pray for you.

    Take care . . .
    Janet Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the votingm but ... although I liked the style of the orange beanie best (texture and trim) I would have voted for the RED beanie - ROLL TIDE ROLL... You know I can't vote for anything orange :) I watched Psych in your honor last night. There was a Psych marathon on TV. I think it would have been better to watch it with you so you could explain some things... but it was pretty funny. :) I am praying for you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful day! Elizabeth Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Josh! Ryan and the rest of us are keeping you close to our hearts. I was watching a rerun of Monk the other day and thought of you. Do you still like the show? Lots of love, Crandalls

    ReplyDelete