Friday, August 19, 2011

Me, Schwinky and a new friend!

Hello everybody! I haven't done a post in a while so I thought I would share with you all how I am doing these days! So today I was supposed to go home but sadly last night I spiked a high fever of 103 and for some reason they wouldn't let me out:/ But all is good! One thing I have learned from being in the hospital is that God is in control and He knows the exact date and time when I will be discharged! Tonight as I was reading my Bible and I always like to see if there is a verse that just jumps at me and tonight it was Proverbs 18: 22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. I'm so thankful that I have parents who tell me each day that we have a big God and that He can do anything He wants to.

So now I would like to tell you about the title of this post. Today I got a very nice package from a very good friend of mine who lives up in Iowa! It was great to get it and it had an awesome card in it including a Plushie Joker! Batman has always been my favorite superhero, so I very much enjoyed getting him! Not only that but now Schwinky has a play buddy! I do believe I am going to have to do another Schwinky's Adventure here in the next few days!

Thanks Glenna for my cards and gifts! They have made many of my days! Hope to see you sometime soon!

Before I go I would just like to put my favorite verses up. These verses have really helped with a lot of the things that I/we have been going through.

Proverbs 3: 5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways submit to him and He will make your paths straight!

That is the most powerful verse I have ever read in the Bible. It is so inspirational and so motivating, it has made this whole journey much easier. I can't even begin to imagine what this would be like without our God!

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes and for your cards and gifts! It is so comforting to know that we have such good people waiting for us to come home!
God bless you all!
Josh

3 comments:

  1. Love Schwinky's new friend! He needs an offical name though! One of my favorite verses in the Bible is John 16:33..."I tell you these things so that in me you may have peace. Though the world deal you trouble. Take heart! I have overcome the world." Another one is Romans 12:12..."Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer." And yet another one is that last part of Hebrews 13:5..."never will I leave you;never will I forsake you."

    Hope to see your smiling face in Dalhart soon!

    The Swain Herd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh--You've been on my heart & mind a lot--saw a commercial that I think you will love. Shawn & Gus promoting the new season of psych. Now let's get busy and get rid of that fever!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new friend! Definitely can't have to many :)

    ReplyDelete