Monday, August 29, 2011

HEADING BACK TO HOUSTON

After 5 wonderful days of being home, we are heading back to Houston in the morning. Josh has an appointment at 6:30am Wednesday, in Houston so we will get there in time to spend the night and spend the day in the clinic. They will admit him after doing another bone marrow biopsy, lumbar puncture and CT scan.

They will probably start his next round of chemotherapy soon after admitting him.

We have a had a good time at home. It was refreshing and encouraging to be with friends and church family, and Josh has not had any fevers while here. He continues to get stronger every day which is encouraging. We are praying that he continues to gain strength to be ready for the next round of treatment.

Pastor Rodney spoke this weekend on Faith. We looked at I Kings 18, when Elijah told King Ahab that God would cause it to rain. Six times, Elijah sent his servant to look for rain clouds, and each time the servant came back to tell him that there were no clouds to be seen. And then on the seventh time, the servant could see a small cloud.

We continue in faith to look for God's healing, God's provision and primarily His will to be done in our lives. Every day we see His hand at work as He draws people to Himself. We are so thankful to be in the middle of His will, and we are convinced that no matter what happens, He will be faithful.

Pray for us as we make the long journey tomorrow. Pray that we would experience God's safety and that He would give us the opportunity to share His faithfulness with others who don't know Him and don't have hope.

Thank you for your prayers and support and encouraging words.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Josh,
    I just wrote this huge comment and tried to publish it but something went wrong and it the computer wouldn't let me do it, so I'm wondering if it was a sign that I should try to be more concise.
    My name is Anneliese. I'm one of Rebecca Walton's numerous sisters.
    I can't really say I know how you feel cause I've never been in your position and to tell the truth I feel kind of inadequate to encourage you. All I can really tell you is what has encouraged me when my world seems to be crumbling around me.
    -Look up Isaiah 51:12-16. These verses encouraged me so much at a time when I was...well, discouraged. It just reminded me that if God is big enough to pull the raging seas apart and take care of the universe, He's big enough to heal my broken heart and take care of me.
    Also, there are a couple of songs that have really helped me hang on when life just sucked. One is called When I Cry by the Gaither Vocal Band and another is called You Know Better Than I (not sure who wrote it). The lyrics to these songs are unbelievably encouraging; I'll hope you'll find them to be so.
    I'm not saying that these verses or songs will make it all better. Only God can do that. I can only tell you what's encouraged me and try to point you to the One who can give you peace when it seems like there's nothing but chaos around you.
    I'm praying for you and so is Ethan. God bless you!...So much for cutting this one short.
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is another song, but music is something that really touches my heart and maybe your the same way. Look up Blessings By Laura Story. I can't tell you how incredible it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you leave for Houston today our prayers will be with you for safety and strength. We praise God that you have had 5 awesome days at Home.

    Today our boys start school. They got one extra day of summer vacation thanks to Irene the Huricane who left a lot of water and took out electric in school buildings. They are excited to see their friends, but not excited for all the work.

    We love reading your posts and praise God for you and the strength HE has given you during this trial. God is good. You are living Psalm 23...tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, yet I will fear no evil...why because the Lord's rod and staff will comfort me. Thanks for being faithful to God in all things.

    We love you, Sharon (Walton) Leuz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked great yesterday Josh! Keep rockin' that A&M hat!

    The Swain Herd

    ReplyDelete