Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greetings and salutations!


Hello everybody! This is Josh!

I apologize for not posting in a while but now that I finally am I thought I would share some stuff with you that has been going on around here!

So today Is my 7th day of treatment!!! I am so excited to be almost done with the dreadful stuff! thankfully there have not been any side effects which I am very happy about and hopefully that continues!

So now I will explain the pictures! So when we first arrived and I was so uneasy about being here the nurses were trying to get me to relax a little and grasp the situation so they told me about Bingo! They said that many of the patients and their families play this amazing game as a way to get to know each other and make life in the hospital bearable! They told us that one of the prizes are Ipad's! So the other day Kristy and Mom and Sarah decided they wanted to try and win one of them but instead ended up with a rubber duck, a rat, and a Zhu Zhu pet! And even more sadly they decided to give them to me. So while I was in the middle of a very important Skype conversation with a friend from California, they burst in laughing and the next thing I know I have a duck on my head and camera flashes lighting up my room!

It would have been fun...if it wasn't me! Still I am very thankful that my family and Kristy thought about me while playing Bingo and I am glad they had fun!

So moving on, today was Kritsy's last day with us and as she was leaving with tears in her eyes I couldn't help but think of what an amazing friend she is to us all! She put up with me and my crazy antics for two nights, watching Psych and Grown Ups and playing Uno! I will miss having her around! She brought laughter and fun into our lives and it was good to see her! I must say she is a brave woman!

So today was a very good day! I have had two treatments today and am awaiting my third and I also have had three blood transfusions! it has been a very productive day!

Today I was very surprised with the gift of an Amazon Kindle by a very generous person! Thank you so much I am enjoying it greatly! This afternoon I was talking to Dad and we were discussing how much God loves us and shows that through the people in our lives! Each and every one of you are a blessing to Me, Sarah, Dad and Mom and we all appreciate you and love you to death! We can not even begin to express how thankful we are for the many many many prayers that have been sung for us! Thank you again!

Now, I promise to the Swain family that Shwinky's adventures are coming soon! The little red headed monkey is a very adventurous little monkey!

Latini family I would like to thank you and Sofia for my wonderful cards and pictures! I have them all on my "wall of fame"!


Thanks to the 6th grade class and Mrs. Ferris' class for the cards and I appreciate all the prayers!

Thanks to everyone who have sent their good wishes with such beautiful cards and your thoughtful words! Being able to have those means a lot to me! It's like being back home!

Thank you all so, so much for continuing to pray! I just cant express enough how much I appreciate everything that you all have done for me! I hope to be seeing you very soon as my return home, is imminent.

Love from me and my family!
Josh



2 comments:

  1. Josh and family,
    I am a friend of your Aunt Sharon. I have been reading the updates and have been really touched by the faithfulness shown. I have been amazed by Josh's attitude and maturity in writing. God IS good, in ALL circumstances, and is walking with us every step of the way. I will continue upholding the whole family in prayer. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Swain name made the blog! We're famous! When do we get our star on the sidewalk in Hollywood??? We are anxiously awaiting Schwinky's adventures! Love y'all and still praying!

    The Swain Train

    ReplyDelete