Monday, August 8, 2011

Schwinky's Adventure!

Hello hello everybody! Today is a very special day because it was the first day of Shwinky's adventures! I hope you enjoy it Swain Family!

Ok so this is Me and Shwinky with Mom and dad on our way to the observation deck at the very top of MD Anderson, 24 stories tall! I really believe Shwinky enjoyed the elevator ride but the rest of the time he hitched a ride from Herbie, my wonderful IV friend!



Here Shwinky is enjoying the view from the observation deck! From here you can see for miles and miles! The view includes the Ronald McDonald House, Holcombe road which I guess is one of the main roads in Houston, Panda Express, and most importantly.....Starbucks!!!







And here Shwinky and Mom and another friend we picked up on the way taking a quick snooze on a very comfortable chair. I'm so happy Mom got to get a little nap and it makes the picture even better with her companions!


This is one of my favorite pictures! There is just some about being semi silhouette! Here Shwinky, Mom and I are all enjoying the view! It is amazing because we can look out and in every direction there is a medical center of some kind! I believe the skyscraper in the distance is a part of St. Luke's but I could be wrong. I know I enjoyed seeing Houston specifically because I don't get to see much of it so this was a nice treat!



Finally we have a picture of the red headed monkey saying goodbye to the observation deck! It was fun getting to see how big this hospital really is!
God has been great and has shown us all a tremendous blessing through you and all your prayers and for that I say thank you!

I hope you enjoyed Shwinky's first adventure! I will try to get some more pictures up tomorrow! Have a great evening!
Josh & Shwinky!

6 comments:

  1. Josh, Looks like Schwinky had a great trip! Hope he can take more soon! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great adventure! I love you Handsome and pray that you will see Our Lord more clearly each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous of Schwinky! Looks like he's having a great time for a monkey! It would be fantastic if you could catch mom asleep and drooling...just sayin'! Look forward to y'all being back in Dalhart. Still praying! My God is Awesome and can move mountains!

    The Swain Flock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, I have not seen you since you were about three feet tall but you and your family have never been far from my thoughts and prayers. I have been a "lurker" reading your blog and praying for you. Hang in there and we will keep praying for you- Gene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Josh--You won't know my name, but I am the lady that sat at the receptionist desk at High Desert Church. I used to push the button to let you and your sister in to see your dad. I am praying for you and your family for the peace that only God can give us. I love your posts and how creative you are! You are so down to earth and gracious. (I'm sure a little of that comes from your parents.) You are an impressive young man.

    Pam Rose
    HDC receptionist

    ReplyDelete