Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Morning

Josh had a good night, praise the Lord. His fever continues to stay under 100 so we are hopeful that they will release him by Monday.

They are still watching his blood cultures to see if he has an infection, but at this point they have not seen anything.

Our daughter Sarah is enjoying her time in New Jersey with her grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins. We will post some pictures of her when we can.

As I was reading my devotions this morning from Daniel 3, I thought about the decision that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego faced. They were commanded to do something that violated God's Law. But everyone else was doing it, and they weren't given any other choice other than death.

I thought about that for a minute and asked myself, I am willing to do anything to save my son? Would I do something that violated God Law in order to spare my sons life? That is one of those difficult questions that we rarely face.

Not many of us in the western world will ever face being burned up in a furnace, killed or imprisoned if we refuse to bow down and worship a golden image.

But are we willing to take a difficult stand on issues that we face daily. Am I willing to be like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and say, live like the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from [whatever enemy we face], but even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear, that we will never serve other gods or worship the things the world has set up. We will not give up hope or lose faith because or circumstances are bad. Our faith is in God.


No comments:

Post a Comment