Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made


Ilene, Sarah & I had lunch yesterday at Joes Crab Shack, Sarah's choice.

“This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Each morning as a staff when we get together to pray, Brother Bob, our Senior Adults

Minister would quote this scripture. It comes from Psalms 118. Bro Bob has experienced life and walked through the shadows of death. He has seen times of plenty and times of want. Bro Bob is never one to complain but even when we have faced

difficult times together, he reminds us that God made today, and gave it to us so that we could rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalms 118 starts with the author writing, “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.” It goes on and talks about being surrounded by trouble, being attacked from all sides by enemies, but the Lord being victorious.

The author although faced by difficulty, knows that the Lord will be victorious so he can with confidence say that the Lord is good.

Fun cards and pictures sent to Josh he has hung up in his room

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Even though it feels like the walls are closing in around us, even though the enemy (Leukemia) is fighting against us, even though today, Josh’s blood counts are again down and he will need to get another blood transfusion. Even though as I type this, the internet connection here is down and I can’t fix it. This is the day, Wednesday, August 3, 2011, that the Lord has made. I choose to rejoice and be glad in it.

Whatever your circumstances are today, I encourage you to be glad today, because God made today and gave it to you. Let your light shine so that the 8-15 people that God has intentionally put around you will see His light in you.

Thanks for you prayers and phone calls and emails. They are a constant reminder that God has not abandoned us, that He does have a plan and he will walk with us through this valley in the shadow of death.

Today I took a class on how to change the dressing and flush
Josh's PICC Line
More on that later - after I demonstrate that I can
change the dressing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment